Saturday, May 03, 2008

Barrio Logan Gran Prix

Well this is one of the fastest and hardest Criteriums of the year. I have only finished one time in the last four years. It is a figure eight course with potholes in all the corners. The frontside of the course is uphill all the way to the start/finish line. So I sat in top 30 for the 1st 15 minutes of the race it was really scary. The field was all over the rode and running into eachother I was fight for position and loosing a lot of places (they were also crashing "Hooray Crashing!!") so I was yoyoing up and back. This started to weigh on me so I went to the back and sat in. The pace was really fast on the climb and every lap I was sure I was gonna come off, but every lap as we neared the top I was still there and passing people. There were 2 more crashes both I was behind and the 1st of these 2 brought me to a screeching halt and I missed the curb. They gave me a free lap and I was thrown back into the field. With 3 laps to go they crashed again and I chased back on. With 1 to go I was toast so I sat up and rolled it in. Overall this Race was amazing. I finished and my form is realy coming around. I wish I had been more aggressive but my legs and mind did not have it in them toda. Tommarrow is another day and another race so praise the Lord.


Jesse Joy Boy

1 comment:

Just Blaze said...

I understand why there were potholes from the name of the race, "Barrio Logan" hahaha