Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Torrance Crit 4/19

Well, Thursday I went home from work with a cold Friday I slept till 1100 am and Saturday Veronica Motorpaced me off the back of the car (27 mph 20 min) while I sneezed uncontrollably. Sundays race I started at the front driving the pace and following every thing the first 20 min. I was fast and everyone else was attacking so I couldn't go off the front early on.
Before the race I saw another racer (Casey) from last year who was incredibly strong. I wasn't sure If he was racing with us or in the category above us and his teammates who were in the race were not sure Either. We had a really big group and since I was on the front I hadn't seen him yet. So, I drifted back in the group a bit to see who was there and sure enough he was hiding back there. So the next 15 min I marked him at on point we were both in the to 20 but he was on the outside of the field and I was on the inside. The slowed and the outside accelerated. I saw the whole race unfolding and I was stuck behind the slow guys so I started yelling that's the move its happening its happening. The field let it go (3 guys) for 1 lap and then as I was getting to the front they started chasing. The field got just within reach of them and then sat up except the 2 guys that bridged across(now its a 5 up race). So now I was angry I missed the move and it was a good one. I missed the bridge and it added some good horsepower. So I went animal style growling out of the saddle spitting at 30/35mph for an entire lap (1mile). I fractured the entire field and made it onto the back of the break. So as I am pulling into the back of the break I'm going 33 and there going 28 so I hit my breaks (very bad decision) They punched it and I was dropped from the break. So 5 guys came by who were in the field and I got in 6th place and they finish the job of bringin the break back. So the whole effort had me tosted so I sat in and tried to recover. My effor tpayed off though because Casy trye dtwice mor to get away and I yelled at guys in the fild and they reeled him back for me. The last time they caught him I attacked and did not get very far. I finished in the field with barely any energy 35th or 36th. Not bad for being sick as a dog.



J

1 comment:

Just Blaze said...

SWEETTTTT!!!! I love it man, I'm so amped for you, these races are awesome and you're exciting as heck. I feel like I'm in there attacking with you hahah AWESOME!